Directions – journey
The cabin is located in northern Dalarna in the small village Häggberget, 16 km northeast of Fjätervålen ski resort.
The house is situated in a sparsely populated area. Therefore we recommend arrival in daylight.
Even modern gps car navigation might not always guide correctly (see nr 3 below). Please have also a look for the right position on a map, for example Google Maps. Bring the written directions below on your journey. During winter: Check the weather forecast before you go.
Address: Häggberget 47, 790 90 Särna
- Lat, Long: 62.032066, 13.081535
- 62°1'55"N , 13°4'54"E
Directions from Stockholm Arlanda airport (Sweden).
Directions from Oslo airport (Norway).
Detailed directions from the south, via Särna (road 70);
- 16 km north of Särna: turn right to road 311 towards "Fjätervålen/Tännes" (it's signposted). Here starts a solitary road. Drive past Fjätervålens ski resort and about 4 km more.
- In Lillfjäten: turn right towards "Storfjäten" (it's signposted). Drive 6 km.
- IMPORTANT: When you see the signpost "Häggberget 5 km" on the left side (at the recykling station). Turn left and drive 5 km. GPS sometimes miss this junction.
- At the first T-junction: turn right over the bridge and go up the hill about 300 m.
- At the mailboxes (seen on the left side): turn left and drive 60 m.
- At the second entrence to the left (just before the road barrier): turn left and drive 200 meters to the end of the road. You see the red cabin with white trim at the end of the road. Welcome!
📌 During winter: park the car on the highest spot next to the cabin so that the snowplow can drive through the yard and you don't have to start uphill.
📌 Snow removal on the yard is made mostly in the evenings. If you expect a hughe snowfall during night and you know that you need to bee able to leave the cabin early next morning: You can park the car next to the mailboxes, where snow removal is made mor frequent.
”On the way up here i saw the northern light in full glory for the first time of my life.”
~ Leon Horsten, England